Macro Connect would like invite you to Coffee & Conversation: an opportunity to meet with local K-12 trailblazers for a morning of information, conversation, and networking around innovative approaches to staff professional development. Doors will open at 8 am with a light breakfast and coffee available to attendees.
To start the day, you’ll hear from a panel of local trailblazers who are implementing practices like: home-grown conferences run for and by educators, classroom video observation for self-reflection, master teacher initiatives, and free anytime-anywhere PD. The panel session will run from 9:00 – 10:15 AM and the voices include:
- Angela Gilbert, Director of Education Quality at The Romine Group (TRG).
- Beth Gonzalez, Senior Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction at Detroit Public Schools Community District (DPSCD).
- Jake Gentry, Instructional Content Designer at EduPaths & Genesee ISD.
- Maria Montoya, Manager of School and Community Partnerships at Grand Valley State University Charter Schools Office (GVSU-CSO).
- Mark Hess, Executive Director of Instruction, Technology, and Assessment at Walled Lake Consolidated School District (WLCSD).
After a short break, breakout rooms will be made available from 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM to debrief the panelist discussion and to dig into whatever topics are on your mind. Private rooms can be made available for visiting teams of educators – please email email@example.com if you are interested in a private location to meet with your team.
Attendance is free for all educators. Attendees may register for one or both sessions. We are also looking for volunteers to run the breakout sessions! Please indicate if you are interested in running a breakout room when you register.
Click here for more event details and registration!