Buildout & Support for
a Charter School
A Macro Connect Education Case Study.
A local charter school was preparing to open a new facility in Dearborn, Michigan. Very little technical infrastructure existed in the new building.
- Creating a technology plan
- Assisting with applications for Department of Education start-up grant funding
- Specifying and ordering hardware and software
- Working closely with vendors to complete wiring and other infrastructure projects
- Implementing file and mail servers, fi rewalls, and workstations
- Designing and implementing custom mobile computer labs that include rolling carts with laptops, wireless internet access, printers, and charging stations
- Assisting with the selection and implementation of PowerSchool, a School Information System
- Facilitating the implementation of Plato software and supporting the process of training staff
- Performing regular maintenance of technology infrastructure and
- Providing ongoing on-site and remote technical and end-user support for infrastructure and software applications
PowerSchool is a copyright of Pearson Education, Inc. and is not a product of Macro Connect.
Plato is a copyright of Plato Learning and is not a product of Macro Connect.