Metropolitan United Methodist Church
Metropolitan United Methodist Church contracted Macro Connect to implement new workstations, upgrade existing workstations, and implement a new server.
Situation: The Metropolitan United Methodist Church wanted to upgrade their existing computers to allow for more simultaneous users and a more efficient technology environment.
Solution: Macro Connect purchased and implemented one new server, three new workstations, and one new laptop. Also, Macro upgraded four existing desktop computers.Benefits:
- More users can now work simultaneously
- Regular backups ensure data protection
- All users can now access the internet
- All users have access to a personal document printer and networked color laser printer
- Users can now easily share and backup contacts, calendar items, and documents
Alternate application: Almost any business with multiple computers can benefit from implementing a server. A server frees up space on individual workstations so that they can perform better. Also, a server facilitates file sharing, resulting in more efficient inter-office collaboration. A server also allows multiple workstations to share office resources like printers and scanners.