Join Our Team
Begin your career as an IT strategist with some of Detroit’s finest.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
IT Help Desk Specialist
Detroit-based technology consulting firm seeking to hire IT Helpdesk Support Specialist. New hire will be responsible for remote technical support for our diverse group of clients, including: educational institutions, law firms, businesses, and non-profit organizations. New hire will work primarily from our office, but may be called to work at client sites as well. Must be willing to work flexible hours and days, including the potential for 10 hour shifts with flex time.
We are a small but growing team working out of a repurposed police station just outside of Eastern Market in Detroit that is focused on helping local schools and businesses achieve breakthrough performance by leveraging technology. If we are working against a deadline, we do whatever it takes to meet it. We deal with demanding clients and we expect our employees to take that in stride and produce great results. An obsession with technology hardware and software and its application in schools and businesses as well as a positive attitude in the face of adversity are musts. Attention to detail, the ability to triage and prioritize competing demands, and a drive to get things done right the first time are also key attributes.
- Experience supporting technology remotely
- Experience supporting technology in an educational environment
- Experience supporting cloud services, including G Suite and Office 365
- Experience communicating technical information to non-technical people
- Strong verbal skills for phone support
- Strong written skills for communicating with clients via ticketing system
- Relevant degree/certifications or at least 2 years of experience in an IT support role
- Reliable transportation for use during business hours
- Ability to be a self-starter, who can be trusted to work largely unsupervised
- Ability to pass a criminal background check in order to be eligible to work in schools
Position Type: Entry-Level, Full-time
Compensation: Negotiable, commensurate with skill level and experience.
Benefits include: health insurance, paid time off, and retirement plan
Provide: Resume and cover letter highlighting skills and relevant experience
Job Type: Full-time